mercoledì 8 settembre 2010

I was thinking about statut symbols.
How important they are in our daylife.
I myself own a bunch of them.
I text with my Blackberry, I take pics with my Nikon, I use my MacBook, I am addicted to Chance de Chanel, you won't ever see me walking down the street without my Louis Vuitton bag or my Alviero Martini purse.
Do these things make me feel better? Do I really look spoiled for this? People should check out their list of priorities.
Nope, surely they don't make me feel better. I look good (or at least, I feel comfy with myself) because of the amazing amount of books I read and the marvellous being of my brain. Sometimes I feel underextimated; you would be astonished if you had the chance to have a one day trip into my cerebrum. Status symbols are just the easiest choice; what's most important, to me, is behaviour. The way you act, the way you introduce yourself says it all. The more you read, the more you study how to behave yourself... The more you get ready to the loads of shit that will fall on you as soon as you enter the real world.
I feel like I can do whatever I want in my life. I am young, handsome, polite, I speak fluently more than a couple of languages and have no fears about moving. I am the one who likes to choose, the one who stays still and listens while you think not to be heard.


Oh, BTW... This entry is obviously inspired by Chuck Palahniuk's last, lovely book "Tell All". I just wanted to practice my noveling skills in English, once again. Chuckie, I love you.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento